Pages

May 25, 2012

1.5 Years

Not sleepy, mom!
Happy 18th months my lil' ray of sunshine.

Have I really been a mom for that long? It feels like longer.  I was so uncertain in the beginning, seeking parenting knowledge from books, online forums and family. Worrying about whether he was getting enough nutrition, if he was growing well. Wondering if my parenting skills are up to the task of raising another human being (my previous experience being limited to four-legged furry companions, big and small. Mostly small). Feeling like every little thing I did affected his mental and physical development and putting pressure on myself to keep him stimulated because I thought if I didn't he would have remained a helpless screaming blob forever (which I now know is totally not true).

Now we've got a routine going that seems to work. I've come to terms with him needing less sleep than other kids, he's already down to 1 nap a day and if I'm lucky he'll sleep for 90 minutes. Mostly he just sleeps for an hour and is up and raring to go until bedtime which is 6pm (thank goodness). I'm still learning about his personality and figuring out how to deal with a toddler who understands so much but still isn't verbal enough to string a sentence together. Constantly reminding myself to trust in baby E's abilities and stop worrying about his food and milk intake. Some days he just can't get enough to eat and some days he's just 'Meh, not really interested today, mom.' His pediatrician assures me that baby E is growing just fine and developing normally.

Baby E now knows a few words but sometimes just grunts and points and expects the correct response from me. It's like having a pop quiz in school and if I get the answer wrong he has a mini-meltdown. Really keeps me on my toes.

We love you baby E, lots and lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...