Pages

Aug 4, 2014

Chewed Up Candle

So this happened. E ate a red swirly birthday candle because he thought it looked like a candy from the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

It happened back in December 2013 (yes, I know I'm really late on posting about this. Still in catchup mode!). I was lying down for a quick snooze in the bedroom and E was playing on his own with the husband busy working on the computer.

E came into the bedroom looking for me and quietly told me about trying to eat the candle with chewed-up red and white wax all over the front of his shirt. At first I thought I was still asleep and dreaming but when I realised this was really happening and I was awake, I did not know whether to laugh or cry.

I decided to be positive and laugh it off with him while teaching him what edible and non-edible means.

We were going through a tough weekend (kiddo challenging us on everything we said and the husband being busy with work and me down with a headache) but I'm glad I made a conscious effort to treat the matter lightly (it was not a life or death situation) instead of freaking out.

Still finding bits and pieces of wax in the study room to this day (19 January 2014).

Quick update, there is absolutely no more wax to be found as I write this catchup post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...