Pages

Jul 30, 2013

Cycling with a Toddler

I've been wanting to take toddler E cycling since he turned 1 year old. But daddy E was not convinced that he would be safe at such a young age. I knew that it could be done because I'd seen another mom with two kids, one looked under a year old and the other maybe 2 or 3 years old, carry both of them on her bicycle. The younger one was in front and the older one in the back.

But to appease daddy E, I did not push the bicycle matter until toddler E grew older and more confident in his mobility. And it was a happy coincidence that Giant (like Zellers but selling more fresh foods) was having a sale on bicycles. So I bought one and got a child-seat (carries up to 25kg) installed.

It is toddler E's FAVOURITE thing in the world. He loves riding on the back and stopping over at various playgrounds in the neighbourhood to do his thing and explore. 

Taken 14 July
Driving Miss Daisy?
The bicycle is being housed at my parents' place in the east side of the island (we live in the west) because their neighbourhood is more bike-friendly (in my opinion anyway) and very close to East Coast Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...