Pages

Jul 10, 2013

Ya-Ya Mandarin Kids Playgroup

As toddler E grows older, he's become more restless at home. The usual lunch and shopping outings that I take him on don't seem to satisfy his curious mind as much lately.

So I've been searching for activities for him to participate in where I can be present in the class because let's face it, I'm not the kind of mother that can hand her child over into the care of strangers without a significant amount of trust involved.

Since daddy E and I are concerned about toddler E's Mandarin development, I found Ya-Ya Mandarin Kids Playgroup through Meetup and was thinking about trying out a class but the current sessions were mostly in the east and we live in the north-west which is quite a distance to travel for a 45 minute playgroup.

Then I noticed that Happy Willow posted on Facebook about a trial class for Ya-Ya Mandarin Kids Playgroup on 22 May and I signed up almost immediately. Happy Willow is an indoor playground located in Fusionopolis which is right above the one-north MRT station. I can get there in about half an hour on public transport which works out great.

Here are pictures of the session toddler E attended on 12 June.

Storytelling

Parachute time!

I think he's trying to wink like the bee?

Toddler E seems to be enjoying himself so far. There's been issues with him wanting to play at the indoor playground instead of attending the playgroup so I've tried bringing him in right when the session starts. This way I'm hoping that he doesn't have time to even think about running off into the playground first. Unfortunately he's been faster than me quite a few times and ran off into the ball-pit before I could usher him into the playgroup area.

Once he actually gets over being upset that I've cut short his playground fun and pays attention to the facilitator, things run more smoothly and he sings along to the Mandarin songs and eagerly listens to storytelling time.

And after playgroup, he has unlimited time at the indoor playground. That is a win in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...